Claiming your HTB ISA Bonus when purchasing a new home
Very Important Point! If there are two of you purchasing your new property and you both have an HTB Isa then the following process requires to be carried out by both persons
- Approximately 30 days prior to the expected date of entry to your new home you should close your HTB ISA account with the financial organisation with whom you have it and you should obtain from them a closing statement. This closing statement is essential to the process. The financial organisation with whom you have the ISA should be well aware of the requirements. They may take up to 7 days in providing you the closing statement.
- Print off the first time purchaser declaration which you can find here. Please make sure that you are certain that you comply with the requirements for first time purchaser. If you are happy that you comply then sign and date the first time purchaser declaration.
- The following step has to be carried out at least 14 days prior to the expected date of entry to your new home. Email a scan or photograph of both the first time purchaser declaration and the closing statement to email@example.com if you are unable to email them then post them to McVey and Murricane, 13 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 1HY.
- McVey and Murricane will then submit an application to the agency acting on behalf of H.M. Government requesting the bonus. The bonus amount will be confirmed and McVey and Murricane will provide you with a copy of the relevant statement.
- Once that bonus has been paid it will be utilised in relation to the purchase of your new property.